A networkable fully-monitored Grade C fire detection
and alarm solution for residential dwellings
When used to its full potential, Hush-Pro can report fires, faults and other system data outside dwellings for action and analysis and provide the fire & rescue service with manual evacuation controls. Visual alarms, voice sounders, cooker shut-off relays, door release interfaces, sprinkler monitoring interfaces, telecare systems, vent controllers and more can all be easily added to the system making Hush-Pro the perfect solution for all high-rise, mixed-use residential buildings and many other domestic dwellings.
Watch the video
Hush-Pro represents a major breakthrough in fire protection for flats and apartments.
Watch our video to find out more.
Fire Levels 1, 2 & 3 Explained
With Hush-Pro, C-TEC has introduced the concept of three different and distinct alarm levels – Fire Level 1, 2 and 3.
These are the tones/messages that will play if a Hush-Pro Voice Sounder is fitted:-
Triggered, for example, by cooking fumes activating a smoke detector in an open-plan living area.
FL1 Alarms are NOT indicated outside the dwelling of origin but, if an integrated Hush-Pro system is installed, they are logged at the Landlord panel, which can also be set up to report them off-site.
FL1 Alarms CAN be Hushed by the occupant and will reset once the cause of the alarm has cleared.
FL2 Alarms CANNOT be Hushed by the occupant who will normally leave the dwelling at this point as the fire is likely to be well-established.
If an integrated Hush-Pro system is installed, FL2 Alarms are logged and reported at the Landlord panel, which can also be set up to report them off-site.
FL3 Alarms will only sound in groups of dwellings as selected by the fire services. The activation of an FL3 Alarm is effectively an instruction for the dwelling occupant to leave the building.
From residents and landlords to installers, service engineers and firefighters – everyone benefits when Hush-Pro is installed. Select from the drop-downs below to see what Hush-Pro can do for you…
I'm an Installer / Service Engineer
- A Hush-Pro dwelling system is easily installed using twin & earth – no need for expensive fire resistant cable (existing Grade D wiring can be utilised on most retro fits)
- Automatic programming – easy ‘self-addressing’ set up
- Multiple input/output system interfaces for door controllers, sprinkler monitoring, cooker shut-off, telecare system connectivity and more
- All dwelling wiring is 24V extra low voltage – only one Mains derived power supply is required per dwelling
- Increased service life expectancy – the typical life of a Hush-Pro smoke detector is at least 12 years due to its built-in drift compensation
- No intrusive BS 5839-1 maintenance visits are required in the dwelling – a monthly user/occupant test is sufficient
- An off-site Cloud monitoring option on integrated systems means site visits can be scheduled to suit identified risks
- Reduced device replacement costs – Hush-Pro’s separate fire detectors and sounders are less expensive to replace then Mains/Battery alarms. Only the Hush-Pro Controller requires a battery change every 10 years.
- Tough, durable British-built equipment backed up by C-TEC’s solid technical support
- IP55 rated sounders available for use on properties with balconies and other outside areas as recommended in BS 9991
- Availability of a décor plate allows marks left by older, larger devices on retro fits to be easily disguised
I'm a Landlord
- Hush-Pro’s low-level controller and optional visual alarm devices facilitate full compliance with the Equality Act, no need to stand on a chair to test the system
- Superior level of protection – Grade C (monitored wiring) over the typical Grade D (unmonitored) means residents and buildings are better protected. Table 2 of BS9991:2015 (fire safety in the design, management & use of residential buildings) recommends building protection
- Reduced false alarms = less vandalism and fewer complaints from disturbed/angry residents
- No engineer access to the dwellings is required to test the system (monthly occupant test is sufficient)
- Low lifetime ownership costs (the 10 year device removal stipulation of many lower grade systems does not apply)
- Environmentally friendly – Hush-Pro uses less plastic, less power and only one 72 hour standby battery for the entire dwelling
- Break glass call point(s) and IP rated sounders available for use on properties with balconies and other outside areas as recommended in BS 9991
- Options to trigger other systems outside of a dwelling such as security or warden call systems.
- Hush-Pro’s separate fire detectors and sounders are less expensive to replace than Mains/Battery alarms. Only the Hush-Pro Controller requires a battery, which can last over 10 years.
- Optional Fire Service Evacuation Facilities on integrated systems allows the fire and rescue services to securely evacuate dwellings if stay-put is compromised
- Enhanced property protection reduces the risk of societal loss of homes and the need to re-house tenants following a fire
- ENVISION ENABLED – Hush-Pro’s compatibility with C-TEC’s Cloud-based ENVISION software on integrated systems (e.g. a ZFP CAST Landlord system) allows the Building Safety Manager to demonstrate due diligence via a verifiable audit trail.
I'm a Resident
- Hush-Pro is easy to operate – the system can be silenced, tested or temporarily isolated via its easy-to-access low level controller (no need for a ladder or chair).
- Reassurance and protection for your family – the system’s devices and wiring are constantly monitored so you can take appropriate action should a fault be detected. If the system is interfaced to a landlord system, faults can even be reported off-site directly to your building’s service and maintenance company.
- Reduced false alarms and disturbance levels – Hush-Pro’s fire detectors are designed to the EN54 series of commercial product standards, which means they are much more resistant to false alarms caused by transient steam or cooking smoke.
- Hush-Pro’s sounders operate at lower frequencies than most other residential fire alarms. Such frequencies penetrate walls and doors better, so are more likely to wake sleeping people
- Peace of mind – a simple monthly occupant test confirms the system’s alarm devices are working as per the requirements of current British standards
I'm a Firefighter
- The landlord system can signal confirmed Fire Level 2 alarms to an ARC, which can inform the FRS.
- Should ‘Stay-Put’ or ‘Defend in Place’ be compromised, Hush-Pro allows groups of flats to be manually evacuated on a group by group or floor by floor basis by the activation of one or more secure switches located at the landlord panel (if fitted).
- A distinctive Fire Level 3 Evacuation alarm tone (with optional voice message) means dwelling occupants know exactly what to do in an emergency evacuation situation.
- Helps speed up the evacuation of a building by getting messages directly to where they are needed without firefighters having to climb stairs and knock on doors.
- All system activity can be logged by C-TEC’s powerful Cloud based ENVISION software, which can even show the development of a fire in real-time on building plans on internet connected devices.
Envision Cloud Enabled
Integrated Hush-Pro Systems are compatible with C-TEC’s secure Cloud based remote access, service & site management software package. Add an ‘IoT’ Gateway Hub to a C-TEC CAST powered landlord system to unlock a host of features perfect for installers, maintainers, end users, duty holders & building safety managers.
Want to check the status of a system from a remote location? Not a problem! Wherever you are, ENVISION allows you to generate powerful site-specific reports that can be scheduled to arrive on your desktop daily, weekly or monthly to help demonstrate due diligence via a verifiable audit trail. Want fires, faults, tests and other system notifications to be sent in real time to a PC or smart phone? Job done! There’s even a powerful graphics module that allows you to monitor the progress of a fire as it happens on a user-uploaded site plan. Want evidence that a dwelling’s monthly tests are being carried out? It’s all there at the touch of button.
In an era when failure to carry out your fire safety responsibilities properly can lead to litigation, ENVISION not only makes your job easier, it provides indisputable evidence that you are carrying out your mandated duties effectively.
Here are just a few sites where Hush-Pro is helping to better protect people and property. Click on the images for more information.
Download the White Paper
Learn more about the benefits of using an integrated fire alarm solution in high rise residential buildings by downloading a copy of our new White Paper, entitled “The problems with, and solutions to, the Interconnection of Domestic and Commercial Fire Alarm Systems in Multiple Occupancy Dwellings and Apartment Blocks”
Attend the seminar
Want to know more about Hush-Pro and how it raises the level of fire protection in a residential dwelling from Grade D to Grade C? Why not attend one of our free online seminars?
Download the spec
Seen enough already and want to include Hush-Pro in your next project? Download our Hush-Pro consultants specification here.
British designed and manufactured, powerful and available now, Hush-Pro is designed to better protect people and property and provides high levels of fire protection in all types of residential buildings.
To view a full 15 minute demonstration of Hush-Pro and ALL of its features, please click on the video below…
Need more information or want to speak to someone about an upcoming project?
Contact your C-TEC Account Manager or email email@example.com