Compact C-3-8 Ceiling VAD c/w 91dB(A) Sounder
- Third-party certified to EN54-3 (Sounders), EN54-23 (VADs) and 17 (Isolators) by Intertek.
- Provides ‘C-3-8’ light distribution when ceiling mounted (min 0.4 lux over a 3 x 8m cylindrical area).
- Can also provide ‘W-3-3.1’ light distribution when wall mounted (min. 0.4 lux over a 3 x 3.1m cuboid area).
- Impressive 91dB(A) sound output @ 1m.
- Onboard short-circuit loop isolator.
- 550µA quiescent current.
- 14mA alarm current @24V DC (VAD lit, sounder on max).
- Group addressing facility allows multiple devices to be operated simultaneously.
- 7 selectable volume levels and up to 15 selectable tone pairs.
- IP21C rated.
|VAD category & coverage|
|Flash rate & colour|
|Nominal SPL (Sound Pressure Level)|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|Intertek Third Party Approval Certificate – XP95/Discovery Compact Sounder/VADs to EN54-3/23/17||189.22 KB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – XP95/Discovery Compact Sounder/VADs (CoC)||948.11 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – XP95/Discovery Compact Sounder VADs (DoC)||163.82 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – XP95/Discovery Compact Sounder VADs (DoP)||109.14 KB||Download|
|UKCA CPR Certificate of Conformity – XP95/Discovery Compact Sounder/VADs (CoC)||172.70 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Conformity – XP95/Discovery Compact Sounder VADs (DoC)||165.82 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Performance – XP95/Discovery Compact Sounder VADs (DoP)||364.52 KB||Download|
BIM Drawing (REVIT)
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the BF451A/CX/SW increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Ceiling Mounted||Ceiling Mounted||Wall Mounted||WallMounted|
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Direct Viewing||Indirect Viewing||Direct Viewing||Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.3m H x 22.4m W||3.9m H x 10.4m W||15.6m H x 16.12m W||5.4m H x 5.58m W|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 19.2m H||3.6m H x 9.6m W||13.2m H x 13.64m W||5.1m H x 5.27m W|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 15.2m W||3.0m H x 8.0m W||9.6m H x 9.92m W||4.2m H x 4.34m W|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 11.2m W||2.4m H x 6.4m W||6.9m H x 7.13m W||3.6m H x 3.72m W|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 8.8m W||1.8m H x 4.8m W||5.4m H x 5.58m W||3.0m H x 3.1m W|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 7.2m W||1.5m H x 4.0m W||3.9m H x 4.03m W||2.7m H x 2.79m W|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 5.6m W||not applicable||3.0m H x 3.1m W||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 4.0m W||not applicable||not applicable||not applicable|