C-3-8 Addressable Base VAD
- Third-party certified to EN54-23 (VADs) and 17 (Isolators) by the LPCB.
- Provides ‘C-3-8’ light distribution (min 0.4 lux over a 3 x 8m cylindrical area).
- Supplied with a BF431QCP quick connect plate and detector spur wires.
- Onboard short-circuit loop isolator.
- 550µA quiescent current.
- 10mA alarm current @24V DC.
- Group addressing facility allows multiple devices to be operated simultaneously.
- Optional BF330CTLIDW white or BF330CTLIDR red cap available for stand-alone use.
- IP21C rated.
|VAD category & coverage|
|Flash rate & colour|
|Nominal SPL (Sound Pressure Level)|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|LPCB Third Party Approval Certificate – CAST, Hush-Pro & XP95/Discovery Sounder/VADs to EN54-3/23/17||562.78 KB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – BF460A/CX/W (CoC)||196.86 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – XP95/Discovery Base Sounder VADs (DoC)||162.33 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – XP95/Discovery Hi-Output Sounder VADs (DoP)||190.66 KB||Download|
BIM Drawing (REVIT)
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the BF460/CX/W C increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Ceiling Mounted Direct Viewing||Ceiling Mounted Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.3m H x 22.4m W||3.9m H x 10.4m W|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 19.2m H||3.6m H x 9.6m W|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 15.2m W||3.0m H x 8.0m W|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 11.2m W||2.4m H x 6.4m W|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 8.8m W||1.8m H x 4.8m W|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 7.2m W||1.5m H x 4.0m W|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 5.6m W||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 4.0m W||not applicable|