CAST Handheld Device Programmer/Testing Tool
- An easy-to-use handheld device programmer/tester for use with C-TEC’s CAST addressable fire alarm systems.
- Assigns CAST detectors, manual call points, sounders, VADs and interface units with a User ID in seconds.
- Allows a CAST device’s outputs to be tested by switching on its sounder, VAD or relay.
- Allows CAST input devices to be tested by showing, for example, when a ‘smoked’ CAST detector has gone into alarm.
- Battery powered.
- Auto shutdown feature helps preserve battery life.
- Backlit LCD with adjustable contrast control.
- Includes an integrated base for direct connection to CAST detectors and sounders/VADs (jack socket also provided for CAST ancillary device programming).
‘CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) – due 2017.
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Flashing and non-flashing polling LED option.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
Compatible with C-TEC's CAST protocol detectors, manual call points, sounders, VADs and interface units,
Includes an integrated CAST base for the direct connection to CAST detectors and CAST sounder/VADs. Jack socket also provided for the connection of other CAST devices.
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|Construction & finish|