CAST Programmable Multi-Sensor Fire Detector
- A high-quality programmable multi-sensor fire detector for use with C-TEC’s XFP & ZFP ‘CAST’ protocol Addressable Fire Panels.
- LPCB certified to EN54-5, 7 & 17 and CEA 4021. Also Kiwa Telefication certified to EN54-13.
- Onboard programmable heat & smoke sensors make it deal for detecting a wide range of fires whilst also reducing false alarms.
- Multiple sensitivity/sensor settings.
- Smart algorithms help reduce false alarms.
- Drift compensation functionality.
- Short circuit loop isolator.
- Includes two 8mm x 2mm ultra-bright red LED indicating strips.
- Different sensitivities can be selected for different times of the day (day/night, building occupied/unoccupied etc).
- 5mA typical alarm current (370uA typical quiescent current) @ 22-40V DC.
- Programmable multi-function status LED.
- Compatible with C-TEC’s CA408 CAST base c/w integrated locking mechanism & ID tag.
‘CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices)
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Programmable multi-function status LED.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
The CA414 multi-sensor has been designed to offer improved detection and reduced incidences of false alarms, As well as operating independently, the smoke & heat sensors combine to give a sensitive response to free burning fires (when a rise in heat is detected, its sensitivity to smoke is increased).
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|CA414 CAST Programmable Multi-Sensor Fire Detector – DFU4140000||362.24 KB||Download|
|LPCB Third Party Approval Certificate – CAST & Hush-Pro Multi Sensors to EN54-5/17/17 & CEA 4021||197.64 KB||Download|
|KIWA Third Party Approval Certificate – XFP & ZFP CAST Fire Panels and CAST Devices to EN54-13 (Systems Approval)||130.87 KB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – CA414 & HP414 (CoC)||188.84 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – CAST Fire Detectors (DoC)||74.17 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – CAST Fire Detectors (DoP)||193.97 KB||Download|
|UKCA CPR Certificate of Conformity – CA414 & HP414 (CoC)||192.44 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Conformity – CAST Fire Detectors (DoC)||160.27 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Performance – CAST Fire Detectors (DoP)||367.50 KB||Download|