CAST C-3-8 Base VAD ONLY
- LPCB certified to EN54-23 & 17 and Kiwa Telefication certified to EN54-13.
- Provides ‘C-3-8’ rated light distribution.
- Onboard short-circuit loop isolator.
- 7mA typical alarm current (460µA typical quiescent current) @ 27-40V DC.
- Group addressing facility allows multiple devices to be operated simultaneously.
- Optional BF330CTLIDW white or BF330CTLIDR red cap available for stand-alone use.
- IP21C rated.
- White ceiling fixing plate & detector spur wires included.
‘CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) – coming soon.
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
|VAD category & coverage|
|Flash rate & colour|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the CA460A/W increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Ceiling Mounted Direct Viewing||Ceiling Mounted Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.3m H x 22.4m W||3.9m H x 10.4m W|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 19.2m H||3.6m H x 9.6m W|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 15.2m W||3.0m H x 8.0m W|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 11.2m W||2.4m H x 6.4m W|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 8.8m W||1.8m H x 4.8m W|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 7.2m W||1.5m H x 4.0m W|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 5.6m W||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 4.0m W||not applicable|
|LPCB Third Party Approval Certificate – CAST, Hush-Pro & XP95/Discovery Sounders to EN54-3/17||234.18 KB||Download|
|KIWA Third Party Approval Certificate – XFP & ZFP CAST Fire Panels and CAST Devices to EN54-13 (Systems Approval)||130.87 KB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – CAST CA460A/W Base VAD (CoC)||187.84 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoC)||75.16 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoP)||110.03 KB||Download|
|UKCA CPR Certificate of Conformity – CAST CA460A/W Base VAD (CoC)||194.55 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Conformity – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoC)||162.95 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Performance – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoP)||367.86 KB||Download|