CAST Compact C-3-8 Ceiling VAD ONLY
- LPCB certified to EN54-17 & 23 and Kiwa Telefication certified to EN54-13.
- Provides ‘C-3-8’ light distribution when ceiling mounted.
- Can also provide ‘W-3-3.1’ light distribution when wall mounted.
- Onboard short-circuit loop isolator.
- 460µA quiescent current.
- 7mA typical alarm current (460µA typical quiescent current) @ 27-40V DC (VAD lit).
- Group addressing facility allows multiple devices to be operated simultaneously.
- IP21C rated.
‘CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) – coming soon.
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
LPCB certified to EN54-17 & 23 and Kiwa Telefication certified to EN54-13.
Compatible with C-TEC's CAST protocol Addressable Fire Panels.
Provides C-3-8 rated coverage coverage when ceiling mounted. Can also be wall mounted to provide W-3-3.1 rated coverage.
|VAD category & coverage|
|Flash rate & colour|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the CA458A/SW increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Ceiling Mounted||Ceiling Mounted||Wall Mounted||WallMounted|
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Direct Viewing||Indirect Viewing||Direct Viewing||Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.3m H x 22.4m W||3.9m H x 10.4m W||15.6m H x 16.12m W||5.4m H x 5.58m W|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 19.2m H||3.6m H x 9.6m W||13.2m H x 13.64m W||5.1m H x 5.27m W|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 15.2m W||3.0m H x 8.0m W||9.6m H x 9.92m W||4.2m H x 4.34m W|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 11.2m W||2.4m H x 6.4m W||6.9m H x 7.13m W||3.6m H x 3.72m W|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 8.8m W||1.8m H x 4.8m W||5.4m H x 5.58m W||3.0m H x 3.1m W|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 7.2m W||1.5m H x 4.0m W||3.9m H x 4.03m W||2.7m H x 2.79m W|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 5.6m W||not applicable||3.0m H x 3.1m W||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 4.0m W||not applicable||not applicable||not applicable|
|LPCB Third Party Approval Certificate – CAST, Hush-Pro & XP95/Discovery Sounders to EN54-3/17||234.18 KB||Download|
|KIWA Third Party Approval Certificate – XFP & ZFP CAST Fire Panels and CAST Devices to EN54-13 (Systems Approval)||130.87 KB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – CAST CA458A/SW & CA458A/SR (CoC)||189.58 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – CAST Compact Sounder VADs (DoC)||75.50 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – CAST Compact Sounder VADs (DoP)||107.60 KB||Download|