CAST Hi-Output W-2.75-9 Wall VAD c/w Voice Sounder (deep base)
- Superb sound intelligibility.
- Onboard short-circuit loop isolator.
- Four selectable volume levels
- Six selectable messages with tones.
- Provides ‘W-2.75-9’ or ‘W-4-4’ rated light distribution
- 26.5mA typical alarm current (470µA typical quiescent current) @ 27-40V DC.
- Group addressing facility allows multiple devices to be operated simultaneously.
- IP33C rated.
- Custom messages and CAST Lockdown sounder VADs also available to special order.
‘CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) – coming soon.
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
|Nominal SPL (Sound Pressure Level)|