24V 5A Encased Switch Mode PSU to EN54-4/A2
- A powerful switch mode/digital hybrid PSU that can be customised to suit your exact requirements – see More Information tab for details.
- Plastic cover on PSU PCB guards against touching live parts (to VDE 0100-410).
- Includes the same electronics as our BF562-5 LPCB/VDS certified EN54-4/A2 boxed 24V 5A PSU.
- Metal base plate facilitates straightforward mounting inside third-party OEM enclosures.
- Includes a single-pole volt-free changeover relay that switches for any fault condition.
- Includes a fault type & hazardous voltages present LED.
- Two selectable battery charge currents.
- Battery fault impedance limits can be optimised to suit load current (helps extend battery life)*.
- Mains fail simulation mode.
- Improved on-board temperature sensor with optional remote sensor.
- Electronic functions comply with EN50131-6 grades 1-4 for security applications.
The BF562-5/E can be optionally customised to suit your exact requirements using a BF423 configurator and PC. Configurable parameters include Float voltage temperature compensation; Battery charge rate (mA); Battery impedance; Input/Output settings.
PSU STATUS LED (located on the PSU PCB)
1 flash = Mains Failure.
2 flashes = Battery Voltage Low.
3 flashes = Battery Voltage Critical.
4 flashes = Charger Failure.
5 flashes = Charger OK (Battery is either actively charging, or in float charge).
6 flashes = No Batteries Fitted (indicating DIP Switch 4 position).
7 flashes = Battery Resistance Fault (Level set by DIP Switch 2 position).
8 flashes = Output Over Voltage.
BATTERY FAULT MONITORING
The BF562-5/E monitors battery resistance to the requirements of EN54-4/A2. The fault threshold is directly related to the ability of the battery to deliver the rated current to the load. For example, batteries stored uncharged for long periods, during shipment and/or distribution, degrade leading to increased internal resistance. If a degraded battery is fitted, a fault will be shown by the PSU as mandated by EN54-4/A2.
Data on the BF562-5/E’s status can be extracted from the PSU’s bi-directional data port. The data available includes thermistor measurements; battery terminal voltage; system voltage at load terminals; battery charge current; load current; battery impedance and ASCII text string status messages. Extracting this data requires additional equipment and permissions – contact C-TEC for details.
|Mains rated current|
|Total output current limited to|
|Battery charge capacity|
|Max battery size and type|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|Construction & finish|