ActiV Conventional O-R-3-2.5-17 Base VAD c/w 96dB(A) Sounder
- Third-party certified to EN54-3 (Sounders) and EN54-23 (VADs).
- Provides ‘O-R-3-2.5-17’ light distribution.
- Ideally suited for use in corridors and other rectangular areas.
- Impressive 96dB(A) sound output @ 1m.
- Includes 31 selectable primary tones and an optional secondary tone.
- Two volume levels (high and low)
- Three selectable VAD flash rates (0.5Hz, 1Hz, OFF)
- Alarm Current at 30Vdc = 12.2mA (0.5Hz) or 19.5mA (1Hz)
- Alarm Current at 18Vdc = 14.5mA (0.5Hz) or 25mA (1Hz)
- Optional BF330CTLIDW white or BF330CTLIDR red cap available for stand-alone use.
- Supplied with a BF431QCP quick connect plate and detector spur wires.
- IP21C rated.
Compatible with C-TEC's CFP, FP, MFP and EP203 conventional fire alarm panels and virtually all other makes (testing on third-party panels is recommended before use)
Designed to be ceiling mounted – either stand-alone with a red or white cap or as part of a stacked Sounder/VAD/Detector Base combination.
|VAD category & coverage|
O-R-3-2.5-17 Rectangular coverage – ideal for corridor spaces.
|Flash rate & colour|
|Nominal SPL (Sound Pressure Level)|
At 30Vdc: 12.2mA (0.5Hz) or 19.5mA (1Hz); At 18Vdc: 14.5mA (0.5Hz) or 25mA (1Hz)
|Product dimensions (mm)|
122mm diameter x 46mm deep (not including optional detector and base).
For compliance to EN54-3 & EN54-23, the BF431QCP Quick Connect Plate must be used with the base device.
|LPCB Third Party Approval Certificate – ActiV Sounder/VADs to EN54-3/23||352.97 KB||Download|
|VdS Third Party Approval Certificate – BF432C/CC/W VdS Certificate to EN54-3/23||1.28 MB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – BF432C/CC/W (CoC)||185.23 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – ActiV Conventional Base Sounder VAD (DoC)||74.38 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – ActiV Base Sounder VADs (DoP)||102.36 KB||Download|
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the BF432C/CC/W increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Ceiling Mounted Direct Viewing||Ceiling Mounted Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.4m H x 7.0m W x 47.6m L||3.9m H x 3.25m W x 22.1m L|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 6.0m W x 40.8m L||3.6m H x 3.0m W x 20.4m L|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 4.5m W x 32.3m L||3.0m H x 2.5m W x 17.0m L|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 3.5m W x 23.8m L||2.4m H x 2.0m W x 13.6m L|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 2.7m W x 18.7m L||1.8m H x 1.5m W x 10.2m L|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 2.2m W x 15.3m L||1.5m H x 1.2 W x 8.5m L|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 1.7m W x 11.9 L||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 1.2 W x 8.5m L||not applicable|
Here is a list of the 31 primary tone options available on this product (note that Tone 0 = sounder OFF).
Primary Tone List
1. C-TEC Evacuation Tone (UK)
Tone: 610Hz for 0.5s, 810Hz for 0.5s
2. Alert (ALL)
Tone: 825Hz, 1s on, 1s off
3. C-TEC Fast Warble (UK)
Tone: 810Hz for 0.25s, 610Hz for 0.25s
4. Medium Sweep (UK)
Tone: 800 – 970Hz at 1Hz
5. Dutch Slow Whoop (sweep) (NL)
Tone: 500-1200Hz for 3.5s, 0.5s off
6. DIN Tone (DE)
Tone: 1200Hz – 500Hz for 1s
7. Swedish Alternating Tone (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 150ms on, 150ms off
8. Swedish all clear (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz constant on
9. Swedish Local Warning (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 1.8s on, 1.8s off
10. Swedish Pre-mess (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 6.5s on, 13s off, 20s period
11. Swedish Turn Out (SWE)
Tone: 554Hz for 1s, 440Hz for 1s
12. Swedish tone (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz 0.5s on, 0.5s off
13. Evacuation Tone (Apollo Comparable) (UK)
Tone: 550Hz for 0.5s, 825Hz for 0.5s
14. Alternating (Hochiki/Fulleon Comparable) (UK)
Tone: 925Hz for 0.25s, 626Hz for 0.25s
15. French Fire Tone (FR)
Tone: 554Hz for 100ms/440Hz for 380ms to 420ms
16. Australian Alert Tone AS1670 (ISO7731) (AUS)
Tone: 420Hz 0.625s on/off
17. Australian Evacuation Tone AS1670 (AUS)
Tone: 500 – 1200Hz, 0.5s/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
18. Aus (fast rise sweep) (AUS)
Tone: 3x(500-1200Hz for 0.5s), 0.25s off
19. NZ (slow rise sweep) (NZ)
Tone: 500-1200Hz for 3.75s, 0.25s off
20. US Temporal LF (ISO 8201) (USA)
Tone: 3x(970Hz, 0.5s on, 0.5 off), 1s off
21. US Temporal HF (ISO 8201) (USA)
Tone: 3x(2850Hz, 0.5s on, 0.5 off), 1s off
22. Simulated Bell (USA/General)
23. Singapore Alert Tone (SG)
Tone: 1kHz, 2kHz 0.5s alternating
24. PFEER Alert Tone (ALL)
Tone: 950Hz, 0.25s on, 0.25Hz off
25. PFEER Alert Tone (ALL)
Tone: 970Hz, 1s on, 1s off
26. ISO 8201 (ALL)
Tone: 970Hz, 0.5s on/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
27. ISO 8201 (ALL)
Tone: 2850Hz, 0.5s on/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
28. Misc Tone 1 (ALL)
Tone: 925Hz continuous
29. Misc Tone 2 (ALL)
Tone: 975Hz continuous
30. Misc Tone 3 (ALL)
Tone: 2850Hz continuous
31. Fast Sweep (ALL)
Tone: 2.5-2.85kHz at 9Hz
In addition to the above primary tone options, one optional secondary tone is available, see below. Please refer to the device’s wiring instructions for details on how to select this.
Optional Secondary Tone
Tone: 2.5-2.85kHz at 9Hz