ActiV Conventional ‘O Class’ Base VAD c/w Voice Sounder
- Superb sound intelligibility.
- Choose from two evacuation voice messages and four evacuation alarm tones (your selected evacuation message will be preceded by the selected tone).
- Provides ‘O-R-3-2.5-17’ light distribution using the same lenses and electronics as our EN54-3 & 23 certified base sounder VAD.
- Three selectable VAD flash rates (0.5Hz, 1Hz, OFF)
- Alarm Current at 30Vdc = 17mA (0.5Hz) or 24mA (1Hz)
- Alarm Current at 18Vdc = 18.5mA (0.5Hz) or 30mA (1Hz)
- Optional BF330CTLIDW white or BF330CTLIDR red cap available for stand-alone use.
- Supplied with a BF431QCP quick connect plate and detector spur wires.
- IP21C rated.
Compatible with C-TEC's CFP, FP, MFP and EP203 conventional fire alarm panels and virtually all other makes (testing on third-party panels is recommended before use)
Designed to be ceiling mounted – either stand-alone with a red or white cap or as part of a stacked Voice Sounder/VAD/Detector Base combination.
|VAD category & coverage|
O-R-3-2.5-17 Rectangular coverage – ideal for corridor spaces.
|Flash rate & colour|
At 30Vdc: 17mA (0.5Hz) or 24mA (1Hz); At 18Vdc: 18.5mA (0.5Hz) or 30mA (1Hz)
|Product dimensions (mm)|
122mm diameter x 46mm deep (not including optional detector and base).
Choose from 2 evacuation voice messages and 4 evacuation tones. Note all of these have an associated alert tone/message, the activation of which requires additional wiring and control functionality
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the BF455C/CC/W increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Ceiling Mounted Direct Viewing||Ceiling Mounted Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.4m H x 7.0m W x 47.6m L||3.9m H x 3.25m W x 22.1m L|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 6.0m W x 40.8m L||3.6m H x 3.0m W x 20.4m L|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 4.5m W x 32.3m L||3.0m H x 2.5m W x 17.0m L|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 3.5m W x 23.8m L||2.4m H x 2.0m W x 13.6m L|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 2.7m W x 18.7m L||1.8m H x 1.5m W x 10.2m L|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 2.2m W x 15.3m L||1.5m H x 1.2 W x 8.5m L|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 1.7m W x 11.9 L||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 1.2 W x 8.5m L||not applicable|