ActiV Conventional ‘C Class’ Base VAD c/w Voice Sounder
- Superb sound intelligibility.
- Choose from two evacuation voice messages and four evacuation alarm tones (your selected evacuation message will be preceded by the selected tone).
- Provides ‘C-3-8.5’ light distribution using the same lenses and electronics as our EN54-3 & 23 certified base sounder VAD.
- Three selectable VAD flash rates (0.5Hz, 1Hz, OFF)
- Alarm Current at 30Vdc = 17mA (0.5Hz) or 24mA (1Hz)
- Alarm Current at 18Vdc = 18.5mA (0.5Hz) or 30mA (1Hz)
- Optional BF330CTLIDW white or BF330CTLIDR red cap available for stand-alone use.
- Supplied with a BF431QCP quick connect plate and detector spur wires.
- IP21C rated.
|VAD category & coverage|
|Flash rate & colour|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the ActiV BF457C/CC/W increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Ceiling Mounted Direct Viewing||Ceiling Mounted Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.3m H x 23.8m W||3.9m H x 11.3m W|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 20.4m H||3.6m H x 10.2m W|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 16.1m W||3.0m H x 8.5m W|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 11.9m W||2.4m H x 6.8m W|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 9.3m W||1.8m H x 5.1m W|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 7.6m W||1.5m H x 4.2m W|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 5.9m W||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 4.2m W||not applicable|