HUSH-ACTIV BS 5839-6 Grade C Stand-Alone Domestic Fire Alarm Kit
- A Grade C domestic fire detection & alarm system to BS 5839-6 (2019) for use in individual flats, houses and apartments.
- Supplied as a cost-effective kit for ease of specification.
- Includes a Hush-ActiV central controller, a 230V/24V PSU, one ActiV heat detector, one ActiV smoke detector, one ActiV multi-sensor, three ActiV detector bases and an ActiV alarm sounder (additional ActiV devices available for larger systems).
- Monitored for battery, power supply, detector removal & open/short circuit faults.
- Low-level system controller facilitates compliance with the Equality Act.
- Controller includes a replaceable 72 hour standby battery that lasts over 10 years in normal usage.
- Can be used in any situation where Grade D Mains/Battery Alarms are specified.
- A HAK/11 kit is also available with a different mix of fire detectors (one heat, one optical, no multisensor).
- Contact your C-TEC account manager for availability details.
|Total output current limited to|
|Battery charge capacity|
|Max battery size and type|
|No. of detector zone circuits|
|No. of conventional sounder circuits|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|Construction & finish|
|Hush-ActiV Domestic Fire Alarm System Datasheet – DML0548900||1.22 MB||Download|
|Hush-ActiV Grade C LD1 Domestic Fire Alarm System Consultants Specification – Microsoft Word Document||25.94 KB||Download|
|Hush-ActiV Users Guide – DFU0005087||252.06 KB||Download|
|Hush-ActiV Installation Instructions – DFU0005086||676.66 KB||Download|
|HAPSU Hush-ActiV PSU Instructions – DFU0005095||419.63 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – Hush-ActiV Kits (DoC)||246.72 KB||Download|
Raises the typical level of fire protection in a dwelling from BS 5839-6 Grade D (unmonitored Mains/Battery Alarms) to Grade C (monitored wiring and a central controller)
EASY-TO-ACCESS USER CONTROLS
No need to stand on a chair to Test or Hush/Silence devices
SECURE MONITORED WIRING
All field wiring monitored for open and short circuit faults
Up to 50% reduction in the mains power consumption of a typical Grade D system, less plastic and only one replaceable lithium-ion battery per system providing over 72 hours standby
REDUCED LIFETIME OWNERSHIP COSTS
Separate fire detectors and sounders are less expensive to replace than Mains/Battery Alarms and all smoke detectors have built-in drift compensation to increase service life expectancy
NO INTRUSIVE BS 5839-1 MAINTENANCE VISITS
Monthly user/occupant test is sufficient
DIRECT GRADE D SYSTEM UPGRADES
Utilises the same wiring scheme as most Mains/Battery Alarm solutions
HAK/1 Kit Contents
- Press HUSH when there is an Unwanted Alarm to silence the system for 2 minutes (extendable by a further 2 minutes if the Alarm has not cleared). Press TEST for 3 seconds when the system is in its normal state to briefly sound the Alarm sounder(s). BS 5839-6 2019 recommends this test is carried out by occupants at least once a month.
- Press HUSH when a wiring or battery fault is detected to silence the fault buzzer for 24 hours. Occupants should report the fault to the responsible person/service engineer at their earliest convenience
- Press HUSH when the system is in its normal state to deactivate alarm detection for 15 minutes (’hot works’ function).