Hush-Pro Landlord System Interface (Apollo XP95/Discovery Protocol)
- Compatible with C-TEC’s Apollo XP95/Discovery protocol ZFP addressable fire panels.
- Allows a stand-alone Hush-Pro domestic fire alarm system to be connected to a ZFP Apollo XP95/Discovery landlord/communal system to unlock a series of powerful optional features such as remote off-site monitoring via the Cloud, automatic evacuation of dwellings in a Fire Level 2 condition, manual keyswitch evacuations by the fire and rescue services and more.
- Visit our Domestic Fire Systems section for more information on Hush-Pro – a new approach to integrating domestic and communal/landlord fire alarm systems.
For availability details email email@example.com
Allows Hush-Pro domestic fire alarm systems to be connected to C-TEC ZFP Apollo XP95/Discovery fire alarm panels.
Loop powered (individual Hush-Pro Controllers/Systems are powered by their own PSUs).
Local Fire (Fire Level 1), Global Fire (Fire Level 2), Fault (from Hush-Pro Controller) and Loop Fault.
|Product dimensions (mm)|
146 W x 85 H x 21 D mm (Can be mounted on a standard UK 25mm double gang flush or surface back box).
|Construction & finish|
Networked Hush-Pro Systems
To unleash the full power of Hush-Pro you can connect multiple stand-alone Hush-Pro systems to a communal C-TEC XFP or ZFP CAST protocol addressable fire alarm system or a C-TEC ZFP Apollo XP95/Discovery protocol fire alarm system.
- Use the Cause & Effect programming of the communal XFP or ZFP fire panel to set-up building management approved phased evacuation scenarios that don’t put peoples’ lives at risk.
- Program keyswitches at the communal fire panel that allow the emergency services to evacuate groups of dwellings and/or floors of dwellings without having to climb staircases.
- Report wiring faults, Fire Level 1 triggers (e.g. optical detector activated) and Fire Level 2 triggers (heat detector activated or optical detector activated for a prolonged pre-set period) to off-site monitoring centres to ensure potential dangers are reported in real time.
Hush-Pro Operation & Functions
- When the Hush-Pro system is in its normal state, power is applied to its detection and alarm circuit which is continually monitored for open and short circuit faults.
- When a fire detector within a dwelling triggers, the system’s Alarm sounders and VADs will activate.
- Depending on the system’s configuration, a remote overdoor indicator outside the room and/or cooker shut-off relays may also activate.
- If multiple Hush-Pro systems are connected to a compatible communal fire system, automatic phased evacuation, manual fire brigade evacuation and the off-site reporting of faults and fires may also be possible (see Networked HUSH2 Systems tab above for more details).
Some of the operational options available on Hush-Pro are:-
- A HUSH/SILENCE FUNCTION
Allows a hushed period of two minutes to be applied (and extended if required) for the management of false alarms
- A ‘HOT WORKS’ FUNCTION
Allows a hushed/isolation period of fifteen minutes to be applied (and extended if required) to protect against inadvertent activation.
- A ‘TEST’ FUNCTION
Allows the functionality of the system’s detectors and alarm devices to be electronically tested with relevant faults indicated via the controller’s fault status LED.
Summary of Hush-Pro features
- Fully compliant with the latest revision of BS 5839-6 – upgrades the level of protection offered in a dwelling from the minimum Grade D requirement to Grade C.
- Provides individual dwellings with an extendable two-minute silence facility and 15-minute isolate facility.
- Mains powered via a separate double gang PSU with onboard 72 hour standby supply
- Long-life replaceable Lithium Ion rechargeable battery (up to 12 years’ life)
- Wiring between all detection and alarm devices is fully open and short circuit monitored
- Silence, Test and Fault Status indicators & controls can be viewed or operated at floor level and are therefore suitable for use by the elderly and disabled.
- Four indicator LEDs – green Supply LED, yellow Fault LED, red Alarm LED and yellow Hushed LED.
- Auxilliary interface connections to remote systems, e.g. communal fire alarm systems
- Manufactured in the UK by one of the world’s leading commercial fire system providers.
For a full list of features and benefits please download the Hush-Pro Key Advantages datasheet in the tab below.
Why use a Grade C system?
|BS5839-6 GRADE C REQUIREMENTS||BS5839-6 GRADE C REQUIREMENTS|
|Grade C systems require fault monitoring of the power supply.||Grade D system power supplies can be completely unmonitored (Section 6.2 of BS5839-6 2013).|
|Grade C systems require fault monitoring of the interconnecting wiring.||There is no monitoring of the wiring required in Grade D systems (Section 6.2 of BS5839-6 2013).|
|Grade C systems provide a readily accessible method of silencing and testing the system at floor level for compliance with Section 9.1.1 of BS 5839-6 2013||Grade D systems require additional equipment to provide silencing facilities at floor level.|