Hush-Pro BS5839-6 Grade C Fire Alarm Controller
- Provides fully monitored BS 5839-6 Grade C compliant fire detection, alarm, silencing and test facilities in flats & apartments.
- Puts residents in control of their own fire systems by allowing them to test and silence devices whilst standing at floor level.
- Easily interfaced to:(1) EN54 certified detectors & alarms – providing commercial grade protection in domestic dwellings.(2) Cooker shut-off relays – to turn off the supply in the event of a fire.(3) Sprinkler monitoring units – to flag if a sprinkler system is isolated.(4) Remote overdoor indicators – to warn people in corridors where a fire may be taking place.(5) Communal fire systems – to report fires & faults outside the dwelling (see Networked Hush-Pro Systems tab below for details).
- Lifts the typical level of protection from Grade D (interlinked mains/battery alarms) to Grade C.
- Requires additional HPPSU and Hush-Pro field devices.
For availability details email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|Construction & finish|
Hush-Pro Domestic Fire Alarm System Brochure – DML0548500
Hush-Pro Grade C LD1 Domestic Fire Alarm System Consultants Specification – Microsoft Word Document
Hush-Pro Wiring Schematics – DML0580000
Hush-Pro Controller Installation Instructions – DFU0005080
Hush-Pro Users Guide – DFU0005085
EU Declaration of Conformity – Hush-Pro Controller (DoC)
Networked Hush-Pro Systems
To unleash the full power of Hush-Pro you can connect multiple stand-alone Hush-Pro systems to a communal C-TEC XFP or ZFP CAST protocol addressable fire alarm system.
- Use the Cause & Effect programming of the communal XFP or ZFP CAST fire panel to set-up building management approved phased evacuation scenarios that don’t put peoples’ lives at risk.
- Program keyswitches at the communal CAST fire panel that allow the emergency services to evacuate groups of dwellings and/or floors of dwellings without having to climb staircases.
- Report wiring faults, Fire Level 1 triggers, Fire Level 2 triggers and more to off-site monitoring centres to ensure potential dangers are reported in real time.
Hush-Pro Operation & Functions
- When the Hush-Pro system is in its normal state, power is applied to its detection and alarm circuit which is continually monitored for open and short circuit faults.
- When a fire detector within a dwelling triggers, the system’s Alarm sounders and VADs will activate.
- Depending on the system’s configuration, a remote overdoor indicator outside the room and/or cooker shut-off relays may also activate.
- If multiple Hush-Pro systems are connected to a compatible communal fire system, automatic phased evacuation, manual fire brigade evacuation and the off-site reporting of faults and fires may also be possible (see Networked HUSH2 Systems tab above for more details).
Some of the operational options available on Hush-Pro are:-
- A HUSH/SILENCE FUNCTION
Allows a hushed period of two minutes to be applied (and extended if required) for the management of false alarms
- A ‘HOT WORKS’ FUNCTION
Allows a hushed/isolation period of fifteen minutes to be applied (and extended if required) to protect against inadvertent activation.
- A ‘TEST’ FUNCTION
Allows the functionality of the system’s detectors and alarm devices to be electronically tested with relevant faults indicated via the controller’s fault status LED.
Summary of Hush-Pro features
- Fully compliant with the latest revision of BS 5839-6 – upgrades the level of protection offered in a dwelling from the minimum Grade D requirement to Grade C.
- Provides individual dwellings with an extendable two-minute silence facility and 15-minute isolate facility.
- Mains powered via a separate double gang PSU with onboard 72 hour standby supply
- Long-life replaceable Lithium Ion rechargeable battery (up to 12 years’ life)
- Wiring between all detection and alarm devices is fully open and short circuit monitored
- Silence, Test and Fault Status indicators & controls can be viewed or operated at floor level and are therefore suitable for use by the elderly and disabled.
- Four indicator LEDs – green Supply LED, yellow Fault LED, red Alarm LED and yellow Hushed LED.
- Auxilliary interface connections to remote systems, e.g. communal fire alarm systems
- Manufactured in the UK by one of the world’s leading commercial fire system providers.
For a full list of features and benefits please download our Hush-Pro Brochure.
Why use a Grade C system?
|BS5839-6 GRADE C SYSTEMS||BS5839-6 GRADE D SYSTEMS|
|Grade C systems require fault monitoring of the power supply.||Grade D system power supplies can be completely unmonitored|
|Grade C systems require fault monitoring of the interconnecting wiring.||There is no monitoring of the wiring required in Grade D systems|
|Grade C systems provide a readily accessible method of silencing and testing the system whilst standing at floor level||Grade D systems require additional equipment to provide silencing facilities at floor level.|