CAST O-R-3-2.5-18 Base Corridor VAD c/w 92dB(A) Sounder
- LPCB certified to EN54-3, 23 & 17 and Kiwa Telefication certified to EN54-13.
- Provides ‘O-R-3-2.5-18’ rated light distribution.
- Ideal for use in corridors (mount in a specific orientation for 2.5m width & 18m length rated coverage). See VAD Coverage section below for further details.
- 92dB(A) sound output @ 1m.
- Onboard short-circuit loop isolator.
- 12.5mA typical alarm current (460µA typical quiescent) @ 27-40V DC.
- Group addressing facility allows multiple devices to be operated simultaneously.
- 4 selectable volume levels and 31 selectable tones.
- Optional BF330CTLIDW white or BF330CTLIDR red cap available for stand-alone use.
- IP21C rated.
- White ceiling fixing plate & detector spur wires included.
‘CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) – coming soon.
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
LPCB certified to EN54-3, 17 & 23 and Kiwa Telefication certified to EN54-13.
Compatible with C-TEC's CAST protocol Addressable Fire Panels.
Designed to be ceiling mounted – either stand-alone with a red or white cap or as part of a stacked Sounder/VAD/Detector Base combination. Ideal for use in corridors.
|VAD category & coverage|
|Flash rate & colour|
|Nominal SPL (Sound Pressure Level)|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
122mm diameter x 46mm deep (not including optional CAST detector and base).
VAD coverage (with multiplication factors applied)
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the CA432A/W increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Ceiling Mounted Direct Viewing||Ceiling Mounted Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||8.4m H x 7.0m W x 50.4m L||3.9m H x 3.25m W x 23.4m L|
|101-200 lux||7.2m H x 6.0m W x 43.2m L||3.6m H x 3.0m W x 21.6m L|
|201-300 lux||5.7m H x 4.5m W x 34.2m L||3.0m H x 2.5m W x 18.0m L|
|301-400 lux||4.2m H x 3.5m W x 25.2m L||2.4m H x 2.0m W x 14.4m L|
|401-500 lux||3.3m H x 2.7m W x 19.8m L||1.8m H x 1.5m W x 10.8m L|
|501-600 lux||2.7m H x 2.2m W x 16.2m L||1.5m H x 1.2 W x 9.0m L|
|601-700 lux||2.1m H x 1.7m W x 12.6 L||not applicable|
|701-800 lux||1.5m H x 1.2 W x 9m L||not applicable|
|LPCB Third Party Approval Certificate – CAST, Hush-Pro & XP95/Discovery Sounders to EN54-3/17||234.18 KB||Download|
|KIWA Third Party Approval Certificate – XFP & ZFP CAST Fire Panels and CAST Devices to EN54-13 (Systems Approval)||130.87 KB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – CAST CA432A/W Base Corridor Sounder VAD (CoC)||189.15 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoC)||75.16 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoP)||110.03 KB||Download|
|UKCA CPR Certificate of Conformity – CAST CA432A/W Base Corridor Sounder VAD (CoC)||195.86 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Conformity – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoC)||162.95 KB||Download|
|UKCA Declaration of Performance – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoP)||367.86 KB||Download|
Here is a list of the 32 tone options available on this product. Note that different tones can be assigned to different functions in our XFP or ZFP programming software, e.g. Tone 1 could be set as the Primary tone and Tone 7 could be set as the Secondary tone. (Note, Tone 0 = Sounder OFF).
1. C-TEC Evacuation Tone (UK)
Tone: 610Hz for 0.5s, 810Hz for 0.5s
2. Alert (ALL)
Tone: 825Hz, 1s on, 1s off
3. C-TEC Fast Warble (UK)
Tone: 810Hz for 0.25s, 610Hz for 0.25s
4. Medium Sweep (UK)
Tone: 800 – 970Hz at 1Hz
5. Dutch Slow Whoop (sweep) (NL)
Tone: 500-1200Hz for 3.5s, 0.5s off
6. DIN Tone (DE)
Tone: 1200Hz – 500Hz for 1s
7. Swedish Alternating Tone (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 150ms on, 150ms off
8. Swedish all clear (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz constant on
9. Swedish Local Warning (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 1.8s on, 1.8s off
10. Swedish Pre-mess (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 6.5s on, 13s off, 20s period
11. Swedish Turn Out (SWE)
Tone: 554Hz for 1s, 440Hz for 1s
12. Swedish tone (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz 0.5s on, 0.5s off
13. Evacuation Tone (Apollo Comparable) (UK)
Tone: 550Hz for 0.5s, 825Hz for 0.5s
14. Alternating (Hochiki/Fulleon Comparable) (UK)
Tone: 925Hz for 0.25s, 626Hz for 0.25s
15. French Fire Tone (FR)
Tone: 554Hz for 100ms/440Hz for 380ms to 420ms
16. Australian Alert Tone AS1670 (ISO7731) (AUS)
Tone: 420Hz 0.625s on/off
17. Australian Evacuation Tone AS1670 (AUS)
Tone: 500 – 1200Hz, 0.5s/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
18. Aus (fast rise sweep) (AUS)
Tone: 3x(500-1200Hz for 0.5s), 0.25s off
19. NZ (slow rise sweep) (NZ)
Tone: 500-1200Hz for 3.75s, 0.25s off
20. US Temporal LF (ISO 8201) (USA)
Tone: 3x(970Hz, 0.5s on, 0.5 off), 1s off
21. US Temporal HF (ISO 8201) (USA)
Tone: 3x(2850Hz, 0.5s on, 0.5 off), 1s off
22. Simulated Bell (USA/General)
23. Singapore Alert Tone (SG)
Tone: 1kHz, 2kHz 0.5s alternating
24. PFEER Alert Tone (ALL)
Tone: 950Hz, 0.25s on, 0.25Hz off
25. PFEER Alert Tone (ALL)
Tone: 970Hz, 1s on, 1s off
26. ISO 8201 (ALL)
Tone: 970Hz, 0.5s on/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
27. ISO 8201 (ALL)
Tone: 2850Hz, 0.5s on/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
28. Misc Tone 1 (ALL)
Tone: 925Hz continuous
29. Misc Tone 2 (ALL)
Tone: 975Hz continuous
30. Misc Tone 3 (ALL)
Tone: 2850Hz continuous
31. Fast Sweep (ALL)
Tone: 2.5-2.85kHz at 9Hz