CAST Hi-Output 100dB(A) Wall Sounder (deep base)
- LPCB certified to EN54-3 & 17 and Kiwa Telefication certified to EN54-13.
- Impressive 100dB(A) sound output @ 1m.
- Onboard short-circuit loop isolator.
- 6.5mA typical alarm current (460µA typical quiescent current) @24-40V DC (Sounder on max).
- Group addressing facility allows multiple devices to be operated simultaneously.
- 4 selectable volume levels and 31 selectable tones.
- IP33C (Type B) rated.
‘CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) – coming soon.
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
|Nominal SPL (Sound Pressure Level)|
|Product dimensions (mm)|
|LPCB Third Party Approval Certificate – CAST, Hush-Pro & XP95/Discovery Sounders to EN54-3/17||234.18 KB||Download|
|KIWA Third Party Approval Certificate – XFP & ZFP CAST Fire Panels and CAST Devices to EN54-13 (Systems Approval)||130.87 KB||Download|
|EU CPR Certificate of Conformity – CAST CA430A/DR (CoC)||189.04 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Conformity – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoC)||75.16 KB||Download|
|EU Declaration of Performance – CAST Base Sounder VADs (DoP)||110.03 KB||Download|
Here is a list of the 32 tone options available on this product. Note that different tones can be assigned to different functions in our XFP or ZFP programming software, e.g. Tone 1 could be set as the Primary tone and Tone 7 could be set as the Secondary tone. (Note, Tone 0 = Sounder OFF).
1. C-TEC Evacuation Tone (UK)
Tone: 610Hz for 0.5s, 810Hz for 0.5s
2. Alert (ALL)
Tone: 825Hz, 1s on, 1s off
3. C-TEC Fast Warble (UK)
Tone: 810Hz for 0.25s, 610Hz for 0.25s
4. Medium Sweep (UK)
Tone: 800 – 970Hz at 1Hz
5. Dutch Slow Whoop (sweep) (NL)
Tone: 500-1200Hz for 3.5s, 0.5s off
6. DIN Tone (DE)
Tone: 1200Hz – 500Hz for 1s
7. Swedish Alternating Tone (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 150ms on, 150ms off
8. Swedish all clear (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz constant on
9. Swedish Local Warning (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 1.8s on, 1.8s off
10. Swedish Pre-mess (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz, 6.5s on, 13s off, 20s period
11. Swedish Turn Out (SWE)
Tone: 554Hz for 1s, 440Hz for 1s
12. Swedish tone (SWE)
Tone: 660Hz 0.5s on, 0.5s off
13. Evacuation Tone (Apollo Comparable) (UK)
Tone: 550Hz for 0.5s, 825Hz for 0.5s
14. Alternating (Hochiki/Fulleon Comparable) (UK)
Tone: 925Hz for 0.25s, 626Hz for 0.25s
15. French Fire Tone (FR)
Tone: 554Hz for 100ms/440Hz for 380ms to 420ms
16. Australian Alert Tone AS1670 (ISO7731) (AUS)
Tone: 420Hz 0.625s on/off
17. Australian Evacuation Tone AS1670 (AUS)
Tone: 500 – 1200Hz, 0.5s/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
18. Aus (fast rise sweep) (AUS)
Tone: 3x(500-1200Hz for 0.5s), 0.25s off
19. NZ (slow rise sweep) (NZ)
Tone: 500-1200Hz for 3.75s, 0.25s off
20. US Temporal LF (ISO 8201) (USA)
Tone: 3x(970Hz, 0.5s on, 0.5 off), 1s off
21. US Temporal HF (ISO 8201) (USA)
Tone: 3x(2850Hz, 0.5s on, 0.5 off), 1s off
22. Simulated Bell (USA/General)
23. Singapore Alert Tone (SG)
Tone: 1kHz, 2kHz 0.5s alternating
24. PFEER Alert Tone (ALL)
Tone: 950Hz, 0.25s on, 0.25Hz off
25. PFEER Alert Tone (ALL)
Tone: 970Hz, 1s on, 1s off
26. ISO 8201 (ALL)
Tone: 970Hz, 0.5s on/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
27. ISO 8201 (ALL)
Tone: 2850Hz, 0.5s on/0.5s off x 3/1.5s off
28. Misc Tone 1 (ALL)
Tone: 925Hz continuous
29. Misc Tone 2 (ALL)
Tone: 975Hz continuous
30. Misc Tone 3 (ALL)
Tone: 2850Hz continuous
31. Fast Sweep (ALL)
Tone: 2.5-2.85kHz at 9Hz